1956-1965: Building the system with major power resources
- July 31, 1956 - Cooperative Power (CP), Federated's wholesale power supplier, was incorporated.
- November 1, 1956 - Federated joins CP. CP starts buying electricity on Federated's behalf as a "paper co-op" since it doesn't own a power plant.
- 1957 - Federated received an REA award for "most efficiently operated of all REA internal combustion plants."
- June, 1958 - Federated is featured in Diesel and Gas Turbine Progress, an industry publication, for its experienced operators and efficient plant operation.
- October 12, 1961 - Federated's Board of Directors approved paying the first capital credits, totaling $12,604.40 from 1941 patronage.